Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Taelyn

Well we had a friend party on thursday and a family party on friday. On friday, after Derrick and Sadie finished the last day of school, we took everyone to see the movie "UP." It was a really cute movie and we even had a fire drill in the middle of the movie. Later that day we had a silly string fight. The tears came out because Taelyn didn't want anyone to get her, then because she couldn't get her can of silly string to work, then because she didn't want Dad to help her. Then the tears came out again because it was all over. So I brought out the new bike we got her. She was soooo happy and hugged the bike and then me and Matt. Then the tears came out again because the bike was to big. We told her how sorry we were and said that we would traid the bikes tomorrow. We gave her the other two gifts we had for her. The tears came out agian because she wanted more gifts. She got a baby stroller and wanted to try it out. The tears came out again because Oakley wanted the stroller also. We got pizza and then had some cake. The tears came out again because I had cookies instead of a cake. I thought that because she wanted to have cookies for her friend party that it would be ok for the family party. So ealier I had quickly made a purse cake with a butterfly on it, but that wasn't good enough. She wanted a butterfly cake. Well we finally had cake. Later after they were in bed, the tears came out again. She was upset because she had thought about her bike again. I told her sorry again and reminded her that she would get a different on tomorrow. Back in bed the tears came out again. This time she was sad because Todd didn't come to her party. I told her that he had to work. The tears kept coming so finally at 10:30 p.m. I gave Todd a call. He was good and talked to Taelyn for a few minutes. That helped thanks Todd!! Finally she fell asleep. What a birthday. We did go on saturday and got her a new bike. Happy day!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Taelyn! I hope you had so much fun. I didn't know you loved butterflies so much. I don't blame you, I think they're great, too. I'm glad you got a new bike. That looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete