Saturday, September 17, 2011

Updating

Ok for different reasons I have not posted anything for awhile so I thought I would do an update post. Let's see I guess I have to go back to January. Matt and I got a new king sized bed. It's a great bed.


Derrick turned 13. For his cake he asked to the tri-force from the legend of Zelda. Derrick is also in the 7th grade orchestra. He plays the cello. I have to say that when his orchestra played, one would never have guessed that his was their first year. They did an outstanding job. I'm glad that he found away to express his wonderful musical talent.

For St. Patrick's day we had an all green dinner. Green eggs, green ham sandwiches, green grapes and broccoli with lime aid to drink. For dessert spinach ice cream.


Sadie had to do a science experiment for class, so she did colored glowing water. That was a lot of fun. However finding a black light proved to be a bit more challenging than I thought. Well I guess I should say finding and cheep black light proved a challenge. She also had several injuries this year, well in the last few months. She had Severs Disease, Gamekeepers Thumb, and she dislocated her knee. But she endured it all like a trooper. ( We will only slightly mention the fight we had to keep her in the brace for as long as was needed) :) Even with all of her injuries, Sadie did a wonderful job with competition team this year. They had 3 competitions and an end of the year performance. They did great!!


Taelyn was one to the judges in her 1st grade dinosaur program. She did a great job and she was one of those you could actually understand what she was saying. Taelyn had her 7th birthday. We had a garden party with her friends. We decorated flower pot and garden stones. We had flower cookies in a pot with her friends and a pink cake for our family party. Taelyn did dance this year and was wonderful!! She is such a great little performer. She has not fear (so far). I don't know were she gets that from. :) Taelyn also got her tonsils out this summer. She did really well, and smiled through most of it.

Oakley was involved with "Mom" preschool this year. The year started out good and he was happy to go. But as the year went on it got harder and harder to take him. Preschool was suppose to help him be ok with mom gone, but it made it so mom leaving was a crying fit. Well he did finally graduate (that's him over on the stairs), and he had a great time and the party mainly because it was at his house. We had three field trips. One to Macey's. I had to hold him the for the entire tour of the store. We went to the Big Red Barn. He didn't like the hay ride very much but he enjoyed the pumpkin patch and ice cream!!! We also went to this little animal show. Of course Oakley took his usual position in my arms, but after she was done talking and the kids got to touch the animals he did great. In fact I couldn't get him to come out of the rabbit cage.


We also had Easter in there. I didn't make the dresses this year. Imagine that the girls growing out of wanting me to make a dress for them. Some how that sounds so familiar. Derrick made such a stink about having to do the Easter egg hunt last year that this year the Easter bunny put all of his stuff in a pile on the kitchen table, with a note that said "maybe next year you will want to join in the fun." Derrick was did think that was all that fun either. I told him to just be happy that the Easter bunny even left him anything. By the time the others had all their stuff collected, Derrick asked me to tell the Easter bunny that he would be more than happy to do the Easter egg hunt next year.

For Father's day this year it rained. And well because dad gets to decide what he wants to do for his day, we went out and played in the rain. I used and umbrella because that was the only way to get Oakley to come outside and play (he thought the rain would hurt his head) at first. But it was Oakley that we had to tell 5 times that it was time to come in. (hopefully I will find what happened to the picture)

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing what you've been up to. Thanks, Amber. You do such neat things for your kiddos. Tell them hi for me. Oh, and my brother, too.

    ReplyDelete