Monday, March 23, 2009

Talking with Taelyn

After we dropped Derrick and Sadie off at school, I heard Taelyn from the back seat say "I don't want to grow up and have to get a house and be a parent. I don't want to have to be a mom and have a baby come out of me and have to scream and cry because it will hurt me so bad." I laughed to myself and said that she didn't need to worry about any of that right now. She said that she just really didn't want to have a baby come out of her because that will really hurt. Again laughing I said that she really didn't need to worry, she was only 4 (and a half she added) and the time for her to be a mom was a long time away. I told her that the only thing she needed to be worring about right now was things like, what show-and-tell she wanted to take to preschool on Friday or what she wanted to do for fun this summer or going to kindergarten next fall. She was quiet for a moment then she said "oh yeah, I forgot!" So what does your 4 year old worry about??

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how cute. Skyler only worries about whether he's hungry or if I've given him food.

    ReplyDelete