



Well the big day finally came. We got all ready and went and took some pictures of her. Oakley wanted to get in on the action. We were finally on are way to the school. As we crossed the playground to get to the kindergarten door we got to say Hi to Sadie :). Taelyn showed us how to get to her classroom. Her teacher Miss. Mellor met us at the door and gave us some instruction. We took our list of things to do and headed inside. We first found were Taelyn was to hang her backpack. Next we found her name tag. Next she got weighed and measured. Next she got to put her name and birth date on a candle and find the cake that was for May and put her candle on that cake. Next we found the attendance chart and turned her butterfly around to show she was at school. Then we found her chair and colored her headband. Well when that was all finished, I was about to go and Taelyn had a hard time and cried. I drew a heart with a smiley face in her hand so that she could have me give her kisses while she was at school. That helped but still she cried. Finally Miss Mellor called all the kids to the rug and asked mom's to leave. With something to distract her I was able to leave with no more tears from Tae. Oakley was sleep when it was time for school to end so I didn't get to go and walk with her home from school. Sadie and Derrick got her from her class and I met them at the end of our street. The tears started flowing again. Taelyn was asked to bring 3 items that told about her. One of the items was her stuffed animal Razzletee. She was sad because her bag wants picked today and Razzletee gets to spend the night at school. I told her I would take her back and get Razzletee but Taelyn said no. The other thing was that Sadie went to fast on her scooter and Taelyn's legs got tired trying to keep up. I asked Sadie to slow down next time. The tears were on and off for the next 45 minutes. She had a snack and told me more about her day. She sat down on the couch to watch a movie and the next thing I know was she was a sleep. Wow how knew that kindergarten could be so exhaus
ting
so fun to follow you guys on your blog! So fun that you ran the provo river half... so did I! (I'm Matt's cousin, in case you are wondering if you have just gathered a stalker). Your kids are adorable.
ReplyDelete