Oakley had a great birthday!! He really likes lightning McQueen from the movie "Cars" so he got McQueen birthday cake. He was so excited about having a birthday!!! For days he asked about it. The morning of his big day, Matt was the first to see him and tell him happy birthday. Well Oakley was not in the best of moods so he kept telling Matt that it wasn't his birthday. After a little while the mood changed and he was excited!!. We took school pictures that morning and while he was napping I made his cake. When I showed it to him he said "no mom no, you have to put it on the counter and make it dark and put the candles on and sing happy birthday to me Oakley" We went out for dinner and he told the girl "Hey girl, I want a crabby patty and fries." "You bring them to me Oakley, I right here!" Good thing she knew what a crabby patty was :)
We had a great day with Oakley. When it came time for the cake, Matt couldn't light the candles fast enough. After he blow them out (with a little help from Dad), he stood up and started cheering for himself. But then that was it. He didn't want a piece and no one else could have any either. Oh well. We finally cut into it the next evening. Maybe he just wanted it all to last.
I made a birthday wreath to hang on the front door when it's someones birthday. He was the first to have that
In that picture with his presents, along the top you can see a bunch of diecast toy cars from the "Cars" movie. Oakley now has Lightning McQueen, Dinoco McQueen, Dirty McQueen, Radiator Springs McQueen, The King, Chick Hicks, Darrell Cartrip, Bob Cutlass, NitroAde, Sally, Fillmore, Ramone, Tow Mater, Sheriff, Doc, Crew Chief Doc, Guido, Luigi, and I can't remember the others...
ReplyDeleteAmber, wow, what a cute wreath and what a cute idea. I love it. It'll be one of those things your kids will always love about their birthdays and will always remember. I just can't believe Oakley's three. Neat, but sad at the same time.
ReplyDeletehappy Birthday Oakley! Sounds like you all had a good time. Great cake, and what a fun idea with the wreath! The 4 on Oakley's shirt is misleading! but I won't make him grow up any faster than he already is. :) thanks for sharing all the birthday fun!
ReplyDeleteLove
Sherri