Tealyn had three loose teeth. She asked me on Sunday to pull out the loose one on the bottom. It was hurting and made it hard to eat. The two loose top teeth weren't helping much either. So finally after her yelling and screaming and crying at me for over an hour, I was finally able to get the string around the tooth. She stared crying again and telling me that she wasn't ready. Well it took her a second to realize the the thing dangling over her head was her tooth. In her fit she had grabbed my hands and twisted her head just right that she pulled out her own tooth. A few minutes later after all the blood was washed away and she noticed that her mouth now longer hurt, it was the best thing in the world. Her mind was the occupied with the tooth fairy preparations. The positioning of the tooth under the pillow is very important. After checking several times that it was in the right spot, her next thought was of what all the kids at school were going to say when she was the first child in the class to loose a tooth of the new school year. On and on she went about what her teacher was going to say and how excited she would be.
The next morning she woke up and found that the tooth fairy had indeed come. Off she went to school to tell her teacher the great news. I was met later that day with a much more deflated Taelyn. Not only did her teacher not have a "Lost Tooth" chart, she didn't even tell the class that it had happened. A simple that's great was all she received.
Taelyn then turned her sights on the remaining two teeth. Again with the crying, screaming, yelling and telling me she's not ready. I had to keep reminding her that she asked me to pull them out. I kept telling her that if she was not ready we could wait and do them different day. But NO she wanted them out now. Finally after about 2 hours we had one tooth out. The next one again took on the same theatrics. The teeth were ready and once she finally aloud me to get the string around the tooth it came out with hardly any effort at all. We are down to the last tooth. The string is around in and she is breathing loudly telling me to wait. Wait . . .wait. . . wait. . . wait. . . the next thing she knows is the string broke and the tooth went somewhere. It was gone. She ran to the bathroom crying. I don't know if she was more upset because I didn't keep waiting or that the tooth was gone. Sadie and I looked all over the floor for the tooth. We couldn't find it. More crying and screaming. I pulled her over to me and gave her a hug, telling her that if we couldn't find it and left a note for the tooth fairy she would understand. Then I said let's check you and see if it's on you. Sure enough it was caught in her shirt. The Tooth fairy came again. I think she looks cute with her new smile and way of talking, but she isn't convinced because of some boy in her class that tells her she looks funny. Oh the drama of growing up
Congratulations Tae, on losing your teeth! Now you can wish for two front teeth for Christmas! :) Love Sherri
ReplyDelete