Tuesday, November 1, 2011

But I'm Not Going Trick or Treating











So last Thursday for preschool Oakley was able to wear his costume. We had been talking about it and he and Derrick and I had been planing it for weeks. Well the day came and Oakley would not put on the costume. Finally I got him to put it on little by little. First I got him to put on a green shirt along with his "Link" pants. Then the belt. The boots were easy because he "needs to put shoes on to go to school." He was really mad when he remembered that the teacher asked them not to bring weapons. So to help him get over not being able to bring the sword, I tied the shield onto this back. Then he wouldn't put the hat on. So I showed him what he looked like in the mirror and he said " I can't be Link without a hat" only then would he let me put it on him. But he said that when he got to school he would take it off. Well I got him to take some pictures and then we were off. After preschool he was so glad that he had his costume on. He and his friend Baylor, ran around saving the day as Link and Captain America.

Sooo Yesterday Sadie and Taelyn were up and ready to get made up for a day of fun!! When Oakley got up, the girls asked him if he wanted to dress up as Link. No way was he going to do it. After the girls left I asked him again if he wanted to get dressed for Halloween and again he didn't. He was finally OK with putting on his "Link pants" and his green shirt. Last night we fixed make up and tried to get ready to go. Derrick was not about to dress up, or go with Oakley trick or treating, nothing. Finally Matt told Derrick that he was going to pass out candy so I could go trick or treating with everyone else. So some how Oakley went from not wanting to put his costume on to not wanting to go trick or treating. Well After fixing up Matt, I got Oakley to put his costume on so that he could take pictures with everyone. After pictures I told the girls and Oakley to go outside. Derrick kept telling Oakley that he could stay inside with him. I finally had to tell Derrick to be quite. We got Oakley outside, but he was not going to go with us. Finally I asked Oakley if he would just walk with me over to the neighbors house. I said, All I wanted him to do was walk with us. When we got to the house I asked if he wanted to go up to the door with the girls or not. He held my hand and we walked up to the door. She gave him a piece of candy. Not so bad. He then saw the Haunted yard at the end of the street and wanted to go see it. That was it he was hooked. He lasted longer than we thought. He went for awhile. He even saw his good friend Baylor. We dropped him off and went back out with the girls for awhile. When we got back (about 8:30) Oakley was asleep on the floor. So asleep that he didn't even stir when I took him up to his bed. We thought all was well. Until 12:30 a.m. He woke up to go to the bathroom. It took him an hour to fall asleep again. Oh well what do you do?? It was a good Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment