Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Growing Pains



On Saturday, Taelyn was so excited when I showed her that she had not one but two loose teeth. At first it was just fun to tell everyone. She pretty much just left them alone. On Tuesday before school she asked if I could just pull one of them out. She got the dental floss and showed me which tooth she wanted out. After two tries, a tiny little tooth popped out and landed on the carpet. We found it and she ran to the bathroom. After rinsing out her mouth she asked if she could take it to kindergarten with her to show all of her friends and get her name in the "loose tooth club" poster. Well the joy of loosing the first tooth was soon over shadowed by having to have a tooth capped. She was so brave and didn't cry at all. The dentist gave the shoots to numb the tooth and she just laid there. When he came back in that is when I knew that she was not OK with all that was going on. As soon as the dentist sat down, she yelled out "Is this going to hurt again?" I went over and held her hand. I guess the laughing gas doesn't work as well on everyone. The dentist told her that it wont hurt anymore. She gave him this look like "I really don't believe you but I'll be brave anyway." She did great and now she has a silver tooth and a missing tooth. At bedtime she said her "metal" tooth was hurting. Daddy gave her a blessing to help her feel better. As I was putting her in bed she whispered "I really hope the Tooth fairy comes and brings me dollars and coins." What a day for you my sweet baby girl. Growing up can be a bittersweet time.

3 comments:

  1. Lilly will be so jealous. Losing a tooth is her biggest wish right now! Hope you guys have a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brave girl! I hope the tooth fairy was kind to you! :)

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry Tae, you're a brave girl. I'm glad you got to pull a tooth out, though.

    ReplyDelete